Tunnel Engineer (TE)
The Tunnel Engineer (TE) shall have minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in geotechnical and tunnel engineering and construction using SEM methods. The TE shall be responsible to oversee contractor’s tunnel operations to confirm compliance with design, technical specifications, and contract requirements.
The TE shall conduct inspection in review of contactor’s submittals regarding excavation method, ground support installation, drilling and blasting pattern, blast monitoring, support type, dewatering plan, ground monitoring, geometric parameters ,alignment, excavation diameter, lining thickness. The TE duties shall include but not be limited to:
• Communicate with contractor’s Project Engineer.
• Maintain accurate written records of all underground activities.
• Monitor and keep records of the lining installation and waterproofing system
• Monitor correct levels and frequency of equipment inspection and maintenance.
• Check tunnel alignment
• Monitor contractor’s compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
• Ensure tunnel work in accordance with contract documents.
• Oversee contractor’s tunnel operations as scheduled.
• Ensure contractor adheres to QC and method statement submittals.
• Maintain accurate written shift records of all underground activities.
7006 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 750-0606 (Office)
(703) 750 0079 (Fax)
CKI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.